Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 2:06 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Bennett Road, Daniel Cahoon, 56, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:37 p.m. Monday, 300 block of North Locust Street, Michael Crump, 48, Ottawa, on a Henry County, Missouri, warrant.
• 4:08 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of South Main Street, Suzanne Weeks, 52, Kansas City, Missouri, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after being stopped by officers.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 4:38 p.m. Monday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, a known 37-year-old Ottawa woman was reported to be at this location, in violation of a no trespassing warning. A report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 7:56 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, a 26-year-old Pomona man fled on foot from an attempted felony warrant service and was not located. A report for felony interference with law enforcement was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 6:21 p.m. Tuesday, 3700 block of I-35, a 2008 Dodge Caliber driven by Wendy Ashburn, 42, Baldwin City, was traveling southwest on I-35 when a 2000 Nissan Frontier driven by Michael Howard, 49, Ottawa, drifted into Ashburn’s lane and struck the side of her vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 4:50 p.m. Monday, 700 block of South Mulberry Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject damaged his vehicle.
• Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 52-year-old man reported a known suspect violated a protection order.
• 2:16 p.m. Monday, 800 block of South Ash Street, a 53-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole her 2004 Suzuki passenger car.
• 5:05 a.m. Tuesday, 200 block of North Main Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject stole his unlocked vehicle.
• 10 a.m. Monday, 1500 block of South Main Street, a 2004 Nissan passenger car driven by Robert Thompson, 57, Ottawa, struck a 2005 Saturn passenger car driven by Mariposa Martin, 30, Ottawa. No injuries were reported. Thompson was cited for failing to yield right of way.
• 11:39 a.m. Monday, 1200 block of South Cedar Street, a 2007 International truck driven by Jeffrey Weston Jr., 43, Grandview, Missouri, struck a stop sign owned by the City of Ottawa. Weston was cited for inattentive driving.
• 8:54 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of West Third Street, a 59-year-old Albuquerque, New Mexico, man reported his 2009 Honda was struck by an unknown vehicle overnight.
• 9:25 a.m. Tuesday, 200 block of North Main Street, a 1994 Chevrolet driven by James Browning, 62, Ottawa, struck a 2006 Honda driven by Riley Cole, 18, Wellsville, according to a police report. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 200 block of West Second Street, check welfare; 100 block of East Fourth Street, traffic complaint; 800 block of Main Street, check welfare; 500 block of Main Street, public assist; Third and Main streets, animal complaint; 600 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 800 block of Main Street, missing person.
• Tuesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, check welfare; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 800 block of Main Street, check welfare; 200 block of West Third Street, lost property.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 12:13 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of North Davis Avenue, power line down.
• 3:10 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of East Logan Street, alarm system sounded due to malfunction.
• 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South College Street, authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday through Tuesday.