Sheriff’s Office News
• 2:12 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of East Franklin Street, an unknown man reported a possible break-in at a business in Pomona, according to a sheriff’s report. Damage was found at the property, the report said.
• Monday, Franklin County Treasurer’s Office, 315 S. Main St., reported it received a counterfeit $50 bill on Aug. 1.
• 9:48 a.m. Tuesday, 800 block of West Wilson Street, a 72-year-old Lawrence man reported an unknown person broke into a salvage yard that his friend owned, according to a sheriff’s report. Car parts and a plasma cutter were taken. Estimated loss was $1,150.
• 5:29 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of North Baldwin Street, Richmond, a 64-year-old man reported his 2017 Monster Moto mini-bike was stolen. Estimated loss was $450.
• 8:43 p.m. Tuesday, 3500 block of Kingman Road, Craig Hinderliter, 59, Ottawa, reported his 1999 Ford F-350 was stolen. Estimated loss was $10,000.
• 7:09 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of I-35, a 2001 Nissan driven by Joshua Rush, 33, Ottawa, was northbound on I-35 when it hydroplaned, struck a bridge and then a tree. No injuries.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 400 block of Poplar Street, public assist; First and Main streets, traffic complaint.
• Tuesday: 400 block of Main Street, parking complaint; 700 block of Main Street, littering; 200 block of Downey Drive, suspicious activity; 400 block of Main Street, special assignment; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 700 block of Main Street, special assignment.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 12:48 p.m. Monday, 200 block of North Oak Street, hazardous materials investigation, with no HazMat discovered.
• Monday, 1100 block of California Road, assist other agency.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Monday and Tuesday.