At their first regular meeting of the year Wednesday, Franklin County commissioners recognized long-serving employees of the county. Officials reported the employees comprise more than 280 cumulative years of experience with the county. Employees recognized included:
• Loren Evans, A EMT, Emergency Medical Services Department
• Stephen Lunger, lieutenant colonel, Sheriff’s Office
• Jeff Welton, road & bridge superintendent, Public Works
• Toni Schmidt, office manager, Sheriff’s Office
• Orvel Broce, heavy equipment operator II, Public Works Department
• Rodney Crane, mechanic II, Public Works Department
• Timothy Hough, juvenile detention officer, Juvenile Services
• Mary “Midge” Ransom, director, Health Department
• Ryan Fine, road & bridge foreman, Public Works Department
• Kiel Lasswell, lieutenant, Adult Detention Center
• Susanne Sprinkle, clerk III, Sheriff’s Office
• Emily Stanley, dispatcher II, Emergency Communications Department
• Jesse Vega, sergeant, Sheriff’s Office
• Derek Brown, county administrator/counselor, Administration/Commission Departments
• Priscilla Carter, clerk III, Motor Vehicles/Treasurer’s Office
• Kelsey Conner, dispatcher II, Emergency Communications Department
• John Folks, light equipment operator, Public Works Department
• Nicholas Grey, deputy sheriff, Sheriff’s Office
• Stephanie Newell, clerk III, Community Corrections
• Lacey Russell, clerk II, Health Department
• Jason Ryburn, paramedic, Emergency Medical Services Department
• Noel Young, legal assistant II, County Attorney’s Office
In other news, the county:
• Authorized early repayment of debt by Franklin County Mental Health Clinic, Inc.
• Approved three rezoning requests.
• Approved annual software support renewals for the county’s Information Technology system.
The county is slated to meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday for a reorganization meeting, and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday for its regular meeting.