• 5:30 p.m. Ottawa Library, 105 S. Hickory St., Ottawa: Come and join us for a fun evening of board games and tabletop role playing. Featured games include Fluxx, Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride, Othello, Zombie Dice, and Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.
• Calling all chess players: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Ottawa Library, 105 S. Hickory St., Ottawa. If you’re interested in playing chess, meet others at the Ottawa Library on the Main Floor on Tuesday evenings. Call 785-241-9239 for additional information.
• Grief Share Support Group: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Wednesday at Ottawa First United Methodist Church, 203 E. Fourth St., Ottawa.
• Express/Design/Create ART: 10 a.m.-noon, Washburn Towers, 506 S. Main St., Ottawa. Come paint, draw, create art every Wednesday in the Community Room. Free and open to the public. For more information, call Randy at 785-242-8478.
• Public Bingo: 7 p.m., VFW Post No. 5901 Ottawa, 3599 Old U.S. 59, Ottawa.
• Chicken Fried Steak Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., VFW 5601 Aux. 3599 Old Hwy 59. Cost $7. Proceeds go toward VA hospital.
• Swinging Through the Decades: 5 p.m., The Bottle House. A fundraising gala to benefit the Honor Flight. Entertainment provided by Big Band Sounds of the Kings, A Tribute to Bob Hope (Daryl & Roberta Gloshen) plus other musical numbers from various decades. Swing dance lessons at 5 p.m., dinner buffet, 6 p.m., live music and dancing, 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 per person ($10 after 7 p.m. Tickets available at Kansas State Bank and Patriot Bank and at the door. It is a semi-formal event and vintage attire is encouraged.
• Health Fair: noon-2 p.m., AdventHealth-Ottawa. There will be vision, hearing and chiropractice screenings, pediatric information, dental resources, blood pressure checks and a free lunch.
• McGruff Club: 8:30 a.m.-noon, OMA. The program, presented by the Ottawa Police Department, is open to kids of all ages.
• Franklin County Prom Boutique: 1-3 p.m., OMA. Teens can find perfect dress at no charge from racks of gently used donated gowns. Free to anyone attending school prom or formal event.
• Grand O’ Opry: 6:30 p.m., OMA. Mike Arnett, Beth Irvin and Mike Bush will be the special guests. Tickets are $10.