Sheriff Department News
• 11:11 a.m. Tuesday, 3200 Vermont Road, Wellsville, Cole Milliman, 26, Ottawa, was arrested and released on a notice to appear for driving while suspended.
• 9:23 a.m. Wednesday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Virgina Baber (also known as Virgina Williams), 43, Ottawa, was arrested on a Franklin County failure to appear warrant.
• 2:58 p.m. Wednesday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Joel James Sobba, 34, Pomona, was arrested on a Franklin County probable cause warrant for criminal threat.
• 1:28 a.m. Tuesday, 4300 block of Interstate 35, Wellsville, Curtis Perrault, 57, Midland, Texas, was traveling south in his 2017 Subaru Forrester when he struck a deer that entered the roadway. Damage estimated to be greater than $1,000.00.
• 7:55 a.m. Tuesday, 3700 block of Old-US 59 Highway, Ottawa, Tristan Crocker, 21, Lawrence, was traveling west on Sand Creek Road in his 1997 Toyota Corolla when he failed to yield the right of way at the Old US-59 highway intersection. Richard Minsky, 30, Lyndon, was traveling north on Old US-59 highway in a 2019 Chevy Van when he collided with Crocker's vehicle. Kierra Steeter, 21, Independence, a passenger in Crocker's vehicle, sustained injuries that weren’t life-threatening and was transported to Advent Health Ottawa by Franklin County EMS. Damage greater than $1,000. Crocker was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign.
• 10:52 a.m. Wednesday, 2100 S. Princeton Street, Ottawa, Arthur Kreuzburg, 87, Colony, was driving a 2010 Honda passenger car and struck a 2014 Ford pickup driven by Michael Franchett, 32, Olathe. Kreuzburg was cited for inattentive driving.
• 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, 4600 block of Interstate 35, Wellsville, a 35-year-old Wellsville woman reported a road rage incident with a 65-year-old Ottawa man.
• 3:50 a.m. Tuesday, 3400 block of K-68 highway, Ottawa, Katelyn Kelley, 18, LeRoy, reported someone threw an object at her car as she was driving, causing damage to her windshield. Loss estimated at $300.
• 6:21 p.m. Wednesday, 200 W. 4th Street, Ottawa, a 40-year-old Ottawa man was assaulted by a known 40-year-old man during an altercation. Case is under investigation.
• 5:27 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of Vermont Road, Rantoul, Rose Patterson, 84, Rantoul, reported the theft of her mailbox.
Ottawa Police Department News
• 1:09 a.m., Tuesday, Logan/Oak, Ottawa Melissa Licon, 38, Independence, Mo., was arrested in connection with fleeing/eluding, no operators license, illegal registration, and no insurance after a traffic stop in which she fled from officers.
• 9:19 p.m. Wednesday, 300 E. Logan Street, Ottawa, Chase Porter, 23, Ottawa, was arrested in connection with felony driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while suspended, no proof of insurance, racing on roadway, and transporting an open container of alcohol after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:37 a.m. Thursday, 200 S. Main Street, Ottawa, Adam Oden, 37, Greeley, was arrested in connection with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, transporting an open container of alcohol and littering after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 8:45 a.m. Monday, 600 W. 19th Street, Ottawa, Mitchel Pankratz, 63, Ottawa, was driving a 2018 Dodge SUV and struck a 2013 Nissan pickup owned by Edward Morey, 76, Ottawa. Mitchel Pankratz was cited for improper backing.
• 6:10 p.m. Monday, 700 S. Main Street, Ottawa, Dakota Freeman, 27, Spring Hill, was driving a 2017 Ford SUV and was struck from behind by Jennifer Stillings, 39, Centropolis, who was driving a 2008 Volkswagen passenger car. Stillings was cited for following too closely.
• 11:23 a.m. Monday, 600 N. Cleveland Street, Riley Yount, 23, Ottawa, was cited for harboring vicious animal, city registration, and vaccinations after being bitten by her dog.
• 7:18 p.m. Monday, 304 Logan (Logan 66), Ottawa, Jodi Hartnett, 55, Ottawa, reported that a vehicle belonging to Shawn Hartnett, 57, Ottawa, was damaged during an altercation by James McGill, 48, Ottawa. McGill was released on a notice to appear.
• 3:51 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of E. 2nd St, Ottawa, Brandon Church, 24, Ottawa, reported an unknown person broke out a window on his property.
• 4:36 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of S. Sycamore, Ottawa, Brandi Lamm, 30, Ottawa, reported an unknown person broke out a window of a 2016 Dodge.
• 10:57 a.m. Wednesday, 900 S. Cherry Street, Ottawa, Leslie Miller, 40, Ottawa, reported damage to a vehicle.
• noon Wednesday, 600 N. Poplar Street, Ottawa, Riley Howard, 18, Ottawa, reported damage to a vehicle.
• 7:06 p.m. Wednesday, 400 W. 2nd Street, Ottawa, a 29-year-old Ottawa woman reported being battered by a known Ottawa man. Case is under investigation.
• 10:03 p.m. Wednesday, 200 S. Oak Street, Ottawa, a 42-year-old Ottawa woman reported that a known Ottawa man damaged her property during a domestic disturbance. Case is under investigation.
• 8:38 a.m. Thursday, 400 W. 2nd Street, Ottawa, Sara Austin, 41, Ottawa, reported her vehicle was damaged. Case under investigation.
• 7:56 p.m. Thursday, 715 W. 2nd Street (Ottawa Police Department), Ottawa, a known woman reported the suspected abuse of a child. Case is under investigation.
• 11:44 a.m. Tuesday, 700 East 10th Street, Ottawa, Shana Funk, 41, Indiana, reported the past theft of a firearm by an unknown person.
• 1:07 p.m. Thursday, 203 E. 27th Street, Ottawa, John Fatkin, 28, Gardner, reported an unknown person shoplifted from the store. Case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department
Friday (06/12): 100 block W. 6th St., assist other agency; 400 block E. 7th St., animal complaint; 400 block Aspen Lane, trespass complaint; 200 block Benton Drive, noninjury accident; 300 block W. 7th St., animal complaint; Interstate 35, milepost 198, assist other agency; 300 block Pine St., traffic complaint; 800 block Chilton Ave., civil dispute; 100 block Maple Terrace, fireworks complaint.
Saturday (06/13): 700 block Main St., special assignment; 200 block Edgewood Drive, fireworks complaint.
Sunday: 700 block Main St., special assignment; 600 block Walnut St., animal complaint.
Monday: 300 block Pendleton Ave., assist other agency; 400 block Walnut St., civil matter; 600 block Poplar St., animal complaint.
Tuesday: 200 block W. 7th St., animal complaint; 400 block Walnut St., noninjury accident; 1000 block Poplar St., pedestrian check; Interstate 35, milepost 198, assist other agency.
Wednesday: 300 block Walnut St., assist other agency; K-33 highway/Interstate I35, assist other agency.