COVID-19 claims second life in Franklin County
COVID-19 has claimed a second life in Franklin County.
The Franklin County Health Department announced the death of a county resident Monday.
Protecting the health of this community remains a top priority, county health officials said.
Franklin County residents should continue to adhere to the following recommendations as much as possible:
• Avoid nonessential trips and stay home to the extent you can.
• Wear a mask in public spaces.
• Continue to socially distance yourself from individuals with whom you do not reside.
• Thoroughly clean and disinfect surfaces.
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds several times a day.
The health department continues to see young people in their teens and 20s testing positive as well as more symptomatic cases.
The department reported on Monday there were 13 new positive cases of COVID-19 since Friday. The department reports 68 cases currently active and 98 pending test results. Three county residents are currently hospitalized due to COVID. None of these patients is at AdventHealth Ottawa.
Franklin County is still awaiting pending test results from Ottawa University testing and will give a full report once those reports are received.