Outdoor notebook: Overland Park to host Open Season Sportsman's Expo
Kansas will have at least one outdoors show to offer this spring.
The Open Season Sportsman's Expo, previously the Outdoor Life/Field & Stream Expo, will take place March 12-14 at the Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Boulevard in Overland Park.
Showtimes will be from 2 to 7 p.m. Friday, March 12; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 13, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, March 14.
The show will include events and products encompassing all outdoor activities, including deer hunting, turkey hunting, fishing, bows, ammo, tackle, off-roading, boating, camping and more.
Seminars will include:
• Trapper Alan Probst, host/producer of "F&T's Freedom Outdoors" on the Pursuit Channel
• Archer Byron Ferguson, who will do a trick shot archery show
• Turkey hunting expert Eddie Salter, who won two World Open Turkey Calling Championships
• Chef Jean-Paul Bourgeois, who will discuss cooking wild game
• Tom Mesnard, who will discuss hunting land management and his Total Land Management system
• Tracker Randy Flannery, who will discuss tracking and stalking whitetails
• Reptile handler Jason Clark, who will give a demonstration of different venomous and nonvenomous snakes of the southeastern United States.
Tickets purchased online from now until March 11 are $10 for one day and $18 for two for adults and $4 for one day and $8 for two for youths ages 13-17, with a one-day family package (two adults, two youths) priced at $24. Children 12 and under get in free but require a ticket. Prices will go up on the days of the show, so order early.
For more information or to purchase tickets, go to https://tinyurl.com/18cvrmx8.
DU Fun Shoot upcoming
The Leavenworth chapter of Ducks Unlimited will host a Fun Shoot on April 10 at the Wyandotte Fair Grounds.
Registration is from 2 to 3:30 p.m., with a BBQ dinner at 5 p.m. Preregistration is $40, or tickets can be purchased at the door for $50. Ticket includes targets, dinner, games, a silent auction and more.
For more information, contact Jeff Irvine at 913-683-9935.
Headwaters Archery slate set
Headwaters Archery Club, 1500 S. 1300 Road in Council Grove, has announced its 2021 shoot schedule.
There will be regular 40-target 3D shoots on March 6, May 1, June 5, Aug. 7 and Sept. 4, with an 8 a.m. start time for each event with all cards to be turned in by 3 p.m. on the day of the shoot.
There will be a table set up at each bow shoot for people to bring and sell their archery-related items.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.